Information We Collect
At times we collect personal information from consumers. Personal information is information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (“personal information”). Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records, or
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
Personal information can be broken down into 11 different categories. The following table shows which types of personal information we have collected from consumers in the past twelve (12) months:
|Category of Personal Information||Examples||Collected||Categories of Third-Parties Who May Receive Information||Business Purpose|
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address,
email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
|YES||Data analytic providers; Data brokers or aggregators; Service providers; Affiliated companies; Internet cookie data recipients like Google Analytics,||Disclosed to service providers to run payments and fulfill/ship orders. To respond to your inquiries or address your complaints. To create, maintain and secure your account with us; Send email notifications of promotions or new products; To notify you of changes to our website; To provide you with a customized user experience; To improve our business operations, websites, marketing and social media; For marketing, research, legal, and other business purposes; To comply with legal obligations.|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Consumer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||
A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
Some personal information in this category may overlap with other categories.
|YES||Disclosed to service providers to run payments and fulfill/ship orders. To respond to your inquiries or address your complaints. To create, maintain and secure your account with us; Send email notifications of promotions or new products; To notify you of changes to our website; To provide you with a customized user experience; To improve our business operations, websites, marketing and social media; For marketing, research, legal, and other business purposes; To comply with legal obligations|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||NO|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||YES||To respond to your inquiries or address complaints, To provide you with a customized user experience; To improve our business operations, website, and social media; For marketing, research, legal, and other business purposes; to provide you with a customized user exerpience; to comply with our legal obligations .|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||YES||To analyze and track usage of our website, and social media accounts; To better understand how you use our site and which products may interest you; To enhance, modify, or improve our website, our products, and our business; To send promotional communications; For marketing, research, legal and other business purposes; To comply with legal obligations.|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements||YES||To analyze and track usage of our website, and social media accounts; To enhance, modify, or improve our website, and our business; For marketing, research, legal and other business purposes; To comply with legal obligations.|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||NO|
|I. Professional or employment- related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||NO|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||NO|
We obtain the categories of information listed above from the following sources:
- Information you provide us. For example, forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
- Automatic data collection. For example, observing details of your visits to our website, details regarding general geographic location, and information about your computer, internet connection, operating system or browser type.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To process and/or fulfill your order. This includes but is not limited to processing payments, shipping products, responding to inquiries, etc.
- To create, maintain, and secure your account with us if you choose to create an account, and to provide you with notices about your account.
- To provide you with support or information that you request from us, and respond to your questions, comments or to investigate and address your complaints.
- To notify you of products and promotions that may be of interest of you if you subscribe to our email list.
- To personalize your website experience and to deliver content and product and service opperings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our website, third-party sites, and via email.
- For data analysis regarding the locations of our website users.
- To comply with applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations, or to respond to law enforcement requests.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, restructuring, reorganization or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets should such an event occur.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
Sharing Personal Information for Business Purposes
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for business purposes. See the table above for a list of categories of information we have disclosed to third party service providers in the preceding twelve (12) months.
Our use of tracking technologies may be considered a “sale” under California law. You can opt-out of being tracked by these third parties by clicking “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link on our website. See the table above for a list of categories of information we have disclosed that may be considered a sale in the preceding twelve (12) months.
We do not knowingly disclose information about individuals under the age of 16.
The following are categories of third parties to whom we may disclose your information. See the table above for the type of information we disclose to each type of third party:
These providers include but are not limited to:
- Companies who provide shipping and delivery services.
- Companies who run credit card payments. When you enter your payment information into our website the information goes directly to the payment portal. We are never directly in possession of your payment information.
These are companies who compile data from our website and can provide us information such as the number of people who visit our website, if the visitors are returning or new, the geographic locations where the majority of people visit our website, etc. The information we receive in this regard does not directly identify any one individual.
The CCPA provides consumers who are California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Know and Data Portability
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months.
You can make this request no more than twice in a twelve (12) month period (the “right to know”). Once we receive your request and confirm your identity, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (data portability request)
- If we sold (as defined by California law) or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, you will receive two separate lists. One, identifying the disclosure, the category of information disclosed and the category of each recipient of the information. The other identifying disclosures that may be
considered a sale under California law, which identifies the personal information, categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Right to Request Deletion
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
If not subject to one of the above listed exceptions, we will delete your personal information from our records and direct our service providers to do the same.
Right to Opt-Out of Personal Information Sales
The CCPA gives you the right to direct us not to sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out”). To exercise the right to opt-out you may click the Do Not Sell My Information link on our website or you may contact us in any of the manners listed below.
How to Exercise Your Rights
Making Access and Deletion Requests
To make a request to access your information or to request that we delete your information please contact us by either:
Email us at: CustomerCare@traina.com
Call us toll free at: 1-866-470-0358
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your information. You may make a request on behalf of your minor child. You may only submit a request to know twice within a 12-month period.
When making your request you must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information, or you are authorized to collect information on that person’s behalf. To verify your request you may be asked to provide a copy of your driver’s license or other government issued identification card, and valid documentation of your right to request information on another’s behalf if you are not the person about whom the information was collected.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
Please note that we cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA. For example, we will not do any of the following:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice here and update the notice’s last modified date. Your continued use of our website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, the ways in which Traina Dried Fruit® collects and uses your information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Traina Dried Fruit®
Attn: Customer Care Service
PO Box 157
Patterson, California 95363